Kitchen Tickets App
The Kitchen Ticket App functionality
The Kitchen Tickets app enables you to send the content of the cart from your Commerce7 POS to a thermal printer in your kitchen, tasting room, bar, etc.
The app enables you to print tickets in 3.5” thermal printers. Currently, our app only works with Epson Thermal Printers. This documentation describes how to install the Epson TM-T88VI-i thermal printer, but the process can be tried with other Epson Thermal Printers.
For quick access to the topic you are looking for, click the corresponding link below;
- Setting up the Kitchen Tickets app
- Kitchen Ticket app settings
- Kitchen Ticket app receipt templates
- Setting up your thermal printer
- Configuring your thermal printer
- Sending items to a thermal printer from Commerce7 POS
- Adding Modifiers to your tickets
Setting up the Kitchen Tickets App.
Navigate to the app store in your Commerce7 admin panel and click on the Kitchen Tickets App. Note: You need to have an Admin Owner role to see this page.
Click on the INSTALL button to install the application. After the installation is complete, the application will show up under the Store menu page from your admin panel.
The Kitchen Ticket App settings
Before you start sending your orders to the printer for completion, we recommend configuring your thermal printer as well as customizing the look of your tickets.
Go to your admin panel and click on Store. Scroll down and click on Kitchen Tickets.
In the Kitchen Tickets Settings window, you will see the options to configure your thermal printers and to choose a receipt template.
Kitchen Ticket App receipt templates
Our app includes a free template for your tickets. We hope to add more options for you in the future. If you need to customize your tickets to a specific look, contact us at email@example.com.
Setting up a thermal printer
Currently, our Kitchen Tickets app works with the Commerce7 recommended Epson TM-T88VI-i thermal printer.
Inside the same Kitchen Tickets Settings window, found on your admin panel in Store > Kitchen Tickets, click on Thermal Printers to configure your printer.
To set up a new printer click on Add Thermal Printer.
Type the Printer ID and the Printer Name. The Printer ID must not contain spaces and we recommend not to have uppercase or symbols.
For example, if the Printer ID is ‘Printer One’ type ‘printer_one’, then click on Save.
Configuring your thermal printer
To configure your receipt printer, follow the instructions below.
- Install the supplied sample paper roll into the printer
- Connect the printer to your local network using a Cat5/Cat6 Ethernet patch cable. Plug the printer into the power outlet and turn the printer on.
- Wait for one minute, and the printer will start up and will print the local IP address obtained from your network.
- Type in the IP address into a web browser from a computer on the same network (Example: http://192.168.1.78)
- Login with the following credentials:
Username: epson Password: <Printer Serial Number> (for older printers the PW is: epson)
6. On the EpsonNet Config page (see below), click on EpsonNet Config for TM-i
You will see the EsponNet Config for TM-i as follows:
- Click on Server Direct Print
You can find your tenant id in Commcer7 Admin > Settings > General > Tenant
- Interval = 30. (Do not set less than 15 seconds or service may be throttled).
- ID = The ID of the printer you configured earlier in the app installation panel.
- Name = The ID of the printer you configured earlier in this documentation in the app installation panel.
- Server Authentication = Disabled
- Under Device Admin click on Printer and the following page will be displayed.
- Device ID = The ID of the printer you configured earlier in this documentation in the Setting up a Thermal Printer section.
- IP Address = Enter the internal IP 127.0.0.1
- Click on Apply & Restart in the upper right-hand corner.
Sending items to a thermal printer from Commerce7 POS
You will be able to send orders to your printer only within the Commerce7 POS. To start sending orders, go to your POS by clicking on the icon
found on the upper right-hand corner of your Commerce7 admin panel.
Click on the POS options, once inside the POS, start adding products to your cart. If you want to add the table number and no. of guests to your ticket.
Click on More actions link then click on More Info, under the Kitchen Ticket Table & Kitchen Ticket Guests type in the necessary information then click on Save Additional Information.
Once you are ready to print click on the More Actions link, then Send to Kitchen Tickets option
1. Choose which items to print
2. Optional: add ticket notes
3. Select a printer from the drop-down menu
4. Click on the Print button
Your items will be printed.
Adding Modifiers to your Ticket
Modifiers are coming to Commerce7 and once they officially launch our Kitchet Ticket will be compatible with this modifiers. You’ll be able to select modifiers before printing your ticket and they will of course show up on the printed ticket itself.
To select and add modifiers to your ticket, the product you select must first have modifiers configure.
In order to configure modifiers for a product, this can be done from your Commerce7 admin panel under Store - Products and you’ll see a Modifiers tab.
Once your products have modifiers configure, these will now show up on the POS and can be added to your tickets.
As soon as you try to add the product that has a modifier to your ticket, a window will pop-up with the modifiers options. Select the desire options and click on Add Item.
Once you add the item, you’ll see a brief summary of the selected modifiers.
Once you have added all of the items to the ticket, you can click on the arrow beside the customer name, then select Send to Kitchen Tickets to print your ticket.